Thursday, March 30, 2006

Newsvine Response

In the Newsvine story's comments, I asked:

Is there some reason that Newsvine is not naming the company? Not that I'm about to start a boycott, I'm just more interested than anything else.

Here is Newsvine's response, also found in the story comments:

Mike D. :I'm not mentioning company names because my goal is not to out anybody here. It's apparently pretty common and it's not illegal, so I just wanted to point it out for people who weren't aware of it, and point out the fact that we are against it.

While it may not have been what I was looking for, I do understand Newsvine's interest in not starting a finger pointing game.

BTW: I love a news organization that not only allows comments on its stories, but actually responds to them in a timely manner. Did someone say "two-way symmetrical"? J. E. Grunig what?

No comments: