Sunday, October 01, 2006

Andy Rooney made me dumber


While doing some casual chanel surfing tonight, I happened to stumble upon Andy Rooney's daily rant on 60 Minutes.I hadn't actually seen his segment in five years or so, but I was really glad that I hadn't because my brain went numb for a good 20 minutes after the show and it almost completely washed away my faith in network news.

Not only did Andy just miss the boat with his rant on Spinach, the day after the F.D.A gives the OK to eat it again, but his two minute verbal vomit lacked event the slightest hint of intelligence, insight, or even respect for the program's viewers.

Check out the text version here.

I'm not sure if the aging viewers of 60 minutes demand that this junk, or if the show's producers are too stuck in tradition to actually offer their viewers that might enlighten or even improve their daily lives. Either way, I don't see myself trying to swallow that much garbage anytime soon unless I develop some masochistic tendencies.

Tecnorati Tags: ,

No comments: