Saturday, June 17, 2006

Naked Conversation Quote

"Blogs humanize companies, or at least the people who work inside of them. Your blog lets your potential customers see who the person on the other side of the desk is before then engage you in potential business. It accomplishes much of what the photo, diploma, or trophy in your office or cubicle does for visitors. It lets people know you just a little bit." -Robert Scobel and Shel Israel, Naked Conversations, p. 27

I ran across this quote while doing some beach reading and through it really exemplified the whole purpose of my blog if you interchange "company" with "me" and "customers" with "employers."

I like to think that this endeavor adds of what is so difficult to communicate through the traditional resume and cover letter and is able to truly show my passion for Public Relations and next-generation communications. Now it is just a matter of finding the right position for what I have to offer.

No comments: