Sunday, July 09, 2006

Andrew talks about the recent turmoil at Rocketboom UPDATED

Andrew Baron of RocketBoom tells his side of the story. His transparency and honesty definitely takes him out of the "evil business man who killed rocketboom" light.

The audio quality is awful for the first minute, but just grit your teeth and bear it.

I sincerely hope that Andrew is not surprised that he has been painted in such a bad light. If you do your business is vlogging, and you refrain from being completely transparent during a time of crisis, I begin to doubt how thoroughly you understand the medium.

I am not saying that Andrew did anything wrong, or was "the evil business guy who killed RB," only that he should not be surprised by the image that has been given to him. In a time of crisis, the party who is most transparent will almost always appear in a better light. Typical "no comment" syndrome.

I do wish both Amanda and Andrew the best, and hopefully they'll throw all of this behind them, realize how silly this is, and get back to the daily vids.

The brevity/conservativeness of the message that he mentions leaving on the rocketboom website just made him seem sketchy and impersonable in my opinion. I wish he could have done a better job of explaining his position, but I am sure he will take advantage of his opportunity to tell this side of the story on Monday.

No comments: